CHS Taste Fair & Auction
Sunday, November 17 | Doors open at 5:30 pm | CHS Gym
Business Casual Attire | No current high school students or younger please
Join us for a wonderful evening of great food and beverages and exciting silent auction items. Guests will be treated to samples from thirty area restaurants, caterers and beverage distributors. This year’s auction will feature mobile bidding for your convenience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
GET YOUR TICKETS
Featured Vendors (as of 11.6.2019)
- Ambrosia Bakery
- Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
- Boru Ramen
- BRQ Seafood & Barbeque
- Catering Cajun
- Catholic Life Center
- City Pork
- Community Coffee Company, L.L.C.
- Couyon’s of Port Allen
- Drusilla Seafood Restaurant & Drusilla Place Catering
- Eliza Restaurant / Jed’s Local
- Ichiban Sushi Bar & Grill
- JT Meleck Vodka
- Juban’s Restaurant & Caterer
- Mockler Beverage
- Momo Tea / Sweet Society
- Our Mom’s Restaurant & Bar
- Parrain’s Seafood Restaurant
- Paul Bologna Fine Wines
- Paul Wong’s Chinese Port Allen
- Phil’s Oyster Bar
- Piccadilly Cafeterias
- Republic National Distributing Company
- Rocca Pizzeria
- Rouj Creole
- Ruffino’s Catering
- Soji: Modern Asian
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
- Stinky’s Fish Camp
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse
- Walk Ons Bistreaux & Bar
- Wine donated by John Paul Luckett
Highlighted Auction Items
- Weiler Plastic Surgery: 6 Emsculpt Treatments: Value: $6000; 3 Microneedling Sessions, Value: $3600
- Gucci Handbag – Dollar Calf Nero Crossbody, Donated by: Tess Rodriguez, Value: $1,100
- 7 Day Costa Rica Vacation: 2BR/2BA Beachfront Condo in Jaco, Costa Rica Donated By: Jennifer Marsh – Value: $2,500
- LSU Football Tickets for Four vs. Arkansas
- LSU Football Tickets for Four vs. Texas A&M
- CHS Reserved Parking Spot
- CHS Special Guest Announcer AND a CHS Marucci wooden bat – opportunity to be the special guest announcer for an inning at a CHS Home Baseball Game and a custom Marucci CHS Wooden Bat. Choice of February 28, March 3 or March 10, 2020.
- CHS Baseball First Pitch – opportunity to throw out the First Pitch at a CHS home baseball game in 2020. Choice of March 3, 10 or 17, 2020.
- Sherman & Balhoff Orthodontics: $1500 towards treatment
- VIP Seating for 10 at 2020 CHS Graduation
- Cheryl Palmer Art
- Heather Bush Family Photography Value: $515
- Hiller Orthodontics: $2000 towards treatment
- Apple iPad Air Donated By: Yvette Bergeron at Title Resource Value: $548
- Fruge Orthodontics $2000 towards treatment
- Sarah Cashio Art
- Best In Class ACT Online Prep – One Month Unlimited Access Value: $475
- New Orleans Pelicans Suite Package for Four on 3/22/20 Donated By; Brian & Lisa Keller Value: $800
- Jambalaya Dinner for 200 Donated By: William & Cynthia Steele
- Brad Messina Photography: Senior Session & Photo Package Value: $385
- IPL Treatments By: Dr. Teresa Dean Value $400
- Green Bike Donated By: Regions Bank
- BBQ Dinner for 12 By: Lemman, Holder & Marchand
- L’Auberge Baton Rouge Casino & Hotel Deluxe Accommodations for One night & Dinner for 4 at 18 STEAK Value: $750
…. And So Much More.
Alumni Homecoming Tailgate
October 11, 2019
Join Us, October 11 for the CHS Alumni Tailgate Homecoming! EVERYONE is welcome! That’s right, you don’t have to be an Alumni to come by and have a great time. Come enjoy free food, live music and cheer on your Bears. Grab some discounted CHS gear while you’re there. The Band Reunion and Grizzly Greats will also be celebrated during the Tailgate.
Come by for the fun, and stay for the game.
CHS Fishing Rodeo
May 28 – May 30, 2020
Make plans to join us for the 13th Annual CHS Fishing Rodeo, hosted by the Catholic High School Alumni Association.
Recent Alumni Events
The Catholic High School wrestling program celebrated its 50-year anniversary of the sport on Saturday night with an on campus event in the CHS Union. More than 130 wrestling alumni were on hand, including four former coaches who were instrumental in building the program. In addition, there was a special recognition for the first Wrestling Coach, Barrett Murphy ’55. Congratulations to all CHS wrestling alumni on 50 years of excellence. Your hard work and dedication to the sport and to CHS has created a legacy of championship wrestling that will last forever.
Prior to taking trips down memory lane, returning alumni were on hand to witness the Bears capture their 30th City Championship in the gym. Catholic scored 274 points to finish ahead of Division I rivals St. Amant (254), Zachary (207), East Ascension (200) and Live Oak (191).
Bear grapplers Ethan Ourso (106), Hunter Goodson (113), Canon Hunt (145) and Connor Finucane (285) captured City titles in their divisions. Ourso was selected as Outstanding Wrestler and was presented his award by Billy Aguillard, the inaugural winner of the Outstanding Wrestler award 50 years ago.
Coach Tommy Prochaska was proud of his squad’s performance. “It was special to win City, our 30th in school history on such a historic evening. It was the 50th City tournament which has long represented the area as the pivotal meet on the wrestling calendar in Baton Rouge,” commented Prochaska. “Plus, we had more 130 former wrestlers, family members and friends of the program on hand to see our hard work come to fruition on the mat.”
With the win, Prochaska and his staff can get back to work and prepare the team for the Division I state tournament in two weeks. The tournament will return to Bossier City, on February 8 & 9, at the Century Tel Center. “Anything can happen at state. We look forward to seeing the state’s best in our division,” added Prochaska.
On January 17, the CHS Office of Alumni Relations hosted a social for all New Orleans Area Alumni at the Red Dog Diner. With over 50 grads in attendance, the evening gave alumni from the class of 1948 to 2018 the opportunity to make new connections and strengthen existing ones. CHS President Gene Tullier, Director of Advancement Jamie Segar `90 and Director of Alumni Relations Brian Hightower `97 gave a brief presentation to those in attendance on recent student accomplishments, curriculum advances, the Advancing the Mission Capital Campaign and the Fund for Catholic High School. Look for a CHS event near you…and remember, “It’s more than four, it’s a lifetime!”
Contact the Alumni Team
Brian W. Hightower ’97
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Catholic High School Alumni Association is to strengthen our commitment to our school, renew and foster the bonds of friendship, promote continued involvement of graduates, and further the gospel values taught by word and example by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart.