Bruinette Auditions are Fast Approaching!
Dates: Thursday, March 25– Mandatory Meeting for Potential Bruinettes and Parent(s) (6:30pm- CHS Student Center)
Monday, April 12- Round 1 (3:30-5:30pm)
Thursday, April 15– Round 2 (3:30-7:30pm)
Location: CHS Gym
Attire: All black dance attire and jazz shoes (jazz shoes may be tan or black)
Format: Round 1 is a skills test and solo where each girl auditioning will perform a 1- 1 1/2 minute routine. A cut will be made following this round. A routine will be taught on the spot for Round 2. Dancers will perform in groups with the possibility of callbacks, if necessary.
Requirements for Solo Routine:
- Solo routine should be no longer than 1minute 30seconds.
- Email an edited music file to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before auditions.
- Bring a backup copy of your music (on jump drive).
- Music should be clean and appropriate (no profanity).
All solo routines should include: (all skills below will be part of the skills test and will assess both left and right turns, leaps, and jumps)
- At least a double pirouette
- A jete
- A calypso
- Second turns (at least three consecutive ending in a double pirouette)
Audition judges are not affiliated with Catholic High School or St. Joseph’s Academy.
Questions? Email email@example.com