CHS 125th Anniversary
01 Oct 2019

CHS Turns 125 – Let’s Have Some Cake!

On October 1, 1894, Brother Flexi Hoffman, principal, along with Brothers Arthus Besset, Firmin Chandler and Davis Pages, opened the doors to St. Vincent’s Academy to 106 boys. The school was named in honor of the St. Vincent de Paul Society, which made a substantial contribution toward building costs. For 125 years, Catholic High School (originally named St. Vincent’s Academy) has set the standard for excellence in education in the Baton Rouge area. To celebrate this historic day, CHS students were treated to cake in the courtyard!