CHS Response to Coronavirus
As you probably already know, the World Health Organization has identified the coronavirus spread as a pandemic, and Governor Edwards is carefully monitoring and responding to the unfolding developments in our state.
In that context we want to reassure the CHS community that the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is and will remain our top priority. We are following and monitoring closely all information/guidelines at the local, state and federal levels. In addition, we are encouraging our students, faculty, and staff to continue to take preventive measures recommended by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands regularly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
We have sanitizing dispensers in place across the campus for students, faculty, and staff, and as new information and recommendations are received from health officials, we will continue to make decisions regarding event cancellations or class disruptions with the utmost concern for the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact either of us directly.
Please continue to monitor all school emails, text messages and the CHS website, www.catholichigh.org, for the latest information regarding school events and activities.