Computer Rollout for Incoming Students set for July 13 and 14
Dear Parents and Students,
Computer rollout for incoming students begins Wednesday, July 13 and concludes on Thursday, July 14. This is a mandatory event for all incoming students. We have an action-packed and informative couple of days planned for you and I am confident that these two days will help you start the school year in a positive way.
Included below is important information about rollout. Please read it carefully:
- Each day begins promptly at 7:30 a.m. in the Union. Please allow enough travel time to ensure that students will be in the Union no later than 7:30. Dismissal is at 2:30 p.m. each day.
- Students can be dropped-off and picked-up in the horseshoe drive on Claycut Drive outside the Union doors or in the horseshoe drive on Hearthstone Drive at the front of the school. Because of the number of students attending, carpool lines will be long. Please be patient. I suggest that you consider waiting until 2:45 or 3 p.m. to pick up your son. There is no need to walk your son in as we will have many students and faculty members around to help your son find the Union.
- The parent meeting is scheduled for Thursday morning at 7:30 p.m. in the Union and will last approximately 1.5 hours. Students will report directly to their classrooms on this day. Parking is available in the parking lot on Claycut Drive and in the Westmoreland parking lot. The Westmoreland parking lot can be accessed via Cole Drive off of Acadian Thruway, or Government Street. I strongly encourage parents to attend this meeting. Computer care, including insurance, along with important information concerning digital safety, will be discussed.
- Dress for students during rollout is standard Catholic High school dress: a collared shirt, dress pants, belt, socks (not ankle socks) and dress shoes. For these two days only, the CHS hair-cut policy is not in effect. Students must be clean-shaven.
- Lunch will be served in the Union both days. Options will include sandwiches such as hamburgers, chicken sandwiches or poboys, along with French fries or chips. Drinks are provided. Breakfast will not be provided.
- Your FACTS account will be charged $20 for expenses during the two days of rollout.
We look forward to computer rollout and for the opportunity to begin working with our newest students. Please feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jared Cavalier (email@example.com) with any questions.