Info on Brother Martin High School
Brother Martin High School and the Brothers of the Sacred Heart are happy to announce the opening of Brother Martin in Baton Rouge. Brother Martin Principal Gene Tullier made the announcement after consultation with the administration of Catholic High School, a Brothers of the Sacred Heart school in Baton Rouge.
Details concerning the establishment of Brother Martin in Baton Rouge are as follows:
- The school will operate on the campus of Catholic High School until school reopens at the New Orleans campus on Elysian Fields Ave. The address of Catholic High School is 855 Hearthstone Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70806.
- Classes will begin on Monday, September 19. Brother Martin’s school leadership and faculty from the New Orleans campus will operate Brother Martin in Baton Rouge.
- Brother Martin in Baton Rouge will operate during evening hours (approximately 3:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.). No food service will be available. However, there will be a brief break in the school schedule for students to eat a meal which they have brought.
- Registration for current Brother Martin students will take place on Thursday, September 8 for 11th and 12th grades and Friday, September 9 for 8th, 9th and 10th grades in the main lobby at Catholic High School from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Any student interested in enrolling in Brother Martin in Baton Rouge should register or apply with a parent or legal guardian on Thursday or Friday even if he has previously left contact information at Catholic High School.
- Parents with students enrolled in several grades may come either night.
- Parents who cannot make registration either night should call a Brother Martin administrator at Catholic High School at 225 383-0397.
- Please be prepared to provide a list of courses that the student was enrolled in at his prior school for the 2005-2006 school year, and a list of high school credits the student believes he has earned in previous school years.
- Applications will also be accepted from boys who have relocated to the Baton Rouge area and who were enrolled at other Catholic schools.
- In sensitivity to the difficulties families have experienced with Hurricane Katrina, no additional application or registration fee will be charged.
- Tuition for the entire 2005-2006 school year (September 19 through the end of school in May or June of 2006) will be $5,200. Tuition will be prorated on a per diem basis based on actual days a student is enrolled in Brother Martin High School.
- All tuition paid for students previously enrolled in Brother Martin for the 2005-2006 school year will be applied toward tuition for Brother Martin in Baton Rouge.
- Tuition may be paid interest free in monthly payments.
- Students should bring any school books and materials that they have when they begin the first day of classes.
- There will be no required uniform. However, a dress code will be established.
- Student and faculty parking will be available only in the Westmoreland shopping center parking lot on Government Street, adjacent to the Catholic High School campus on the north. Students are encouraged to carpool to school.
- Brother Martin will explore limited extracurricular and athletic programs that will not create undue pressure on the Catholic High School community, its facilities and its neighborhood.
- Additional information regarding Brother Martin in Baton Rouge will be posted on the Catholic High School web site located at www.catholichigh.org and on the temporary website for Brother Martin High School located at http://members.cox.net/daneill. Brother Martin expects its website at www.brothermartin.com to be operating in the near future.
- If you need further assistance or information, please contact a member of the Brother Martin in Baton Rouge staff by phone at (225) 383-0397.